In order to provide more convenience, choice and flexibility for our patients and how you access our services at The Riverside Surgery, you can register for online services which will allow you to potentially:
- Book and cancel appointments
- Request repeat prescriptions
- View your medication and allergies
- View your test results and immunisations
- View your problems and consultations
You can continue to speak to us face-to-face or via the telephone – it’s your choice!
Evidence shows that patients who are informed and involved in their own care have better health outcomes and are less likely to be admitted to hospital. It enables you to have greater control over your health and well being.
Patient Access to Online Records means you can access your medical record online from anywhere in the world, should you need medical treatment on holiday, for example. Online access to your medical record is available on computers, tablets, smartphones and Android phones. There are apps available in the Apple App store and on Google Play.
It is your choice whether you join or not.
Registering for patient online services
For full access to your online services you will need to:
- Complete the Patient Registration Form for Access to Online Services, and bring in to the practice – along with photographic proof of identification.
- We will then register you online within 10 working days.
- You will then be emailed instructions on how to register online, together with your individual registration details and password. Alternatively you can come back to our surgery to collect these details.
Please return completed forms to the surgery reception so we can get the process going.
The information held in your GP record is stored on a secure NHS accredited server. It will be your responsibility to keep your login details and password safe and secure. If you know or suspect that your record has been accessed by someone that you have not agreed should see it, then you should change your password immediately. If you can’t do this for some reason we recommend that you contact the practice so we can remove online access until you are able to reset your password. If you print out any information from your record it is also your responsibility to keep this secure. If you are at all worried about keeping printed copies safe, we recommend that you do not make copies at all.
Proxy access on behalf of children
Our existing practice protocol for proxy access to children’s records is only applicable to paper-based records. People with parental responsibility for children under age 16 normally have automatic rights to access their children’s records, although not all parents have parental responsibility.
Proxy access for children under the age of 16 years is not available for patient online services. Any young adult / child over the age of 16 years will be able to have full access and register for patient online services.
Proxy access on behalf of another adult
To obtain proxy access a person must be registered for online access at the practice where the patient they are acting for is registered. Patients may choose to use online services such as appointment booking, ordering repeat prescriptions or access to their records. They may choose to share their account credentials with family, friends and carers (including a care home) but as part of their access application they must be advised of the risks associated with doing this. Proxy is the recommended alternative to sharing login details.
- Patient Access to Electronic Records Information Leaflet
- Accessing your Medical Record Online Guide
- Download our Patient Registration Form for Access to Online Services
If you are already registered to use the online services you can click here to log in.