Any patients who have recently conceived (fallen pregnant) will need to register with the local midwife service. To do this, please click on the link below and complete this form. The form then needs to be returned to us via. email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our Surgery. If you have any queries please do let us know.
Your initial midwife appointment will be held at Wycombe Birthing Unit and from there it will be decided whether you continue antenatal care in the hospital or at Riverside Surgery.
We offer a small number of blood tests for our clinically extremely vulnerable patients. The hospital provide a full service. From 1 February 2021, any patient who requires an adult blood test at BHT will need to make an appointment by registering and booking via. an online system. This is to avoid overcrowding at peak times and improve patient experience.
Please go online to:
Opening hours are:
9am – 5pm at Wycombe Hospital
8.30am – 4pm at Amersham Hospital
9.15am – 4.45pm at Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Our nurses run the childhood immunisation service. Please ring the surgery to book an appointment and remember to bring your child’s red book and book in at reception desk when you arrive.
The Riverside Surgery offers the Meningitis B vaccine to babies alongside other routine vaccinations at 2 months, 4 months, and 12 months, in line with our contractual requirements. The meningitis B vaccination is not offered to children who have attained the age of two at the time of vaccination.
We do not offer private vaccinations for children outside this age group. For those parents who want to consider vaccination for their children outside the age range for the NHS programme, a private vaccination service is offered by many pharmacists and private GP services.
For more information on the Meningitis B Vaccine please see links below.
- Coils & implants
- Dr Foley is qualified to fit coils and implants, Dr Rogers fits coils and Dr Purewal fits implants. Clinics run on Thursday, Friday and occasional Saturdays. Appointments can be booked directly at reception or please book an appointment to have a phone call with one of the doctors to discuss in further detail.
- Contraceptive pill
- All GPs and one of our nurse Emily are able to advise you which contraceptive pill will best suit you. Please book a phone appointment at reception for more information.
- If you need a routine annual pill check, please book with one of our trained nurses.
- Emergency contraception
- Please speak to your nearest pharmacy to obtain a free prescription or ring the surgery for more information.
Cervical smear tests
Cervical cancer can often be prevented. The signs that it may develop can be spotted early on so it can be stopped before it even gets started. We offer the test to all women aged between 25 – 64 yrs old – once you have received your invitation letter from NHS England, make sure you ring and book an appointment with us. It could save your life!
Yearly check-ups and advice on how to manage your condition from fully trained practice nurses are all part of the Riverside service. If you suffer from any of the conditions listed below you are encouraged to attend regular reviews – which can be done by phone in some instances, in order to optimise control and minimise any symptoms.
- Coronary Heart Disease / Hypertension
- Mental Health
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Since the Covid-19 Pandemic we have adjusted our flu clinics. We will continue to invite eligible patients via. text or letter. Those who are at highest risk of complications from covid-19 and over the age of 65 years old will be invited first. Anyone now over the age of 50 years old will be eligible. Please do be patient whilst we vaccinate those at highest risk first. We currently have around 1500 patients on the high risk list. If you would like to book a flu vaccination appointment please speak to our reception team.
Am I eligible?
Patients who are at highest risk are those aged 50 yrs old and over or are in the current “At Risk” group can have their flu jabs.
“At Risk” means patients with a serious medical condition such as:
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, COPD or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease
- A weakened immune system due to disease such as HIV/AIDS, or treatment such as cancer
- Being a carer
The practice maintains a register for all its patients with learning difficulties. Everyone on the register is encouraged to attend an annual health check. If you have any questions please speak to your GP. The initial contact will be from our Care co-ordinator Sheila, who will take you through the annual health check and then book you into a face to face appointment with a GP.
Due to lack of resources and funding we are only able to provide a limited minor surgery service. At present, since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic we are not able to provide any minor surgery services which includes joint injections.
The GPs and nurses can provide confidential advice on sexual health matters. For a full sexual health screen / tests, please contact the bSHaW clinic (contact details below).
- bSHaW (Bucks Sexual Health and Wellbeing): 0300 303 2880 (previously known as GUM and Contraception Clinics)
- Order chlamydia postal testing kits: www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/Young-people/Young-and-Free
- Sexual Health Bucks: www.sexualhealthbucks.nhs.uk
Do you want to give up smoking? You can access support to stop smoking for FREE today.
Be Healthy Bucks is a single point of access for people in Buckinghamshire that provides support with smoking cessation and making healthy lifestyle changes. You do not need to see your GP to get help.
At present, since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are not able to offer travel vaccination appointments.
If you are determined to lose weight and fit the criteria, you can refer yourself by visiting https://bhb.maximusuk.co.uk/livewellstaywellbucks.co.uk or calling 03332 300177 to start losing weight today! This is a free service and includes options such as joining a 12 week slimming world programme.