Routine antenatal check-ups are available by appointment with our midwife on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
Our nurses run the childhood immunisation service. Please ring the surgery to book an appointment and remember to bring your child’s red book and book in at reception desk when you arrive.
The Riverside Surgery offers the Meningitis B vaccine to babies alongside other routine vaccinations at 2 months, 4 months, and 12 months, in line with our contractual requirements. The meningitis B vaccination is not offered to children who have attained the age of two at the time of vaccination.
We do not offer private vaccinations for children outside this age group. For those parents who want to consider vaccination for their children outside the age range for the NHS programme, a private vaccination service is offered by many pharmacists and private GP services.
For more information on the Meningitis B Vaccine please see links below.
- Coils & implants
- Dr Hemsley and Dr Foley are qualified to fit coils and implants and Dr Rogers fits coils. Clinics run on Thursday, Friday and occasional Saturdays. Appointments can be booked directly at reception or please book an appointment to have a phone call with one of the doctors to discuss in further detail.
- Contraceptive pill
- All GPs are able to advise you which contraceptive pill will best suit you. Please book an appointment at reception for more information.
- If you need a routine annual pill check, please book with one of our trained nurses.
- Emergency contraception
- Please speak to your nearest pharmacy to obtain a free prescription or ring the surgery for more information.
Cervical smear tests
Cervical cancer can often be prevented. The signs that it may develop can be spotted early on so it can be stopped before it even gets started. We offer the test to all women aged between 25 – 64 yrs old – once you have received your invitation letter from NHS England, make sure you ring and book an appointment with us. It could save your life!
Yearly check-ups and advice on how to manage your condition from fully trained practice nurses are all part of the Riverside service. If you suffer from any of the conditions listed below you are encouraged to attend regular reviews in order to optimise control and minimise any symptoms.
- Coronary Heart Disease / Hypertension
- Mental Health
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Annual Walk-in-Flu Clinics are available for eligible patients.
Am I eligible?
Patients who are aged 65 and over or are in the current “At Risk” group can have their flu jabs.
“At Risk” means patients with a serious medical condition such as:
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, COPD or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease
- A weakened immune system due to disease such as HIV/AIDS, or treatment such as cancer
- Being a carer
If you are unsure, please ask at reception if you are eligible for a flu jab. Please also check out our ‘news’ articles on our homepage for more details.
The practice maintains a register for all its patients with learning difficulties. Everyone on the register is encouraged to attend an annual health check. If you have any questions please speak to your GP.
Due to lack of resources and funding we are only able to provide a limited minor surgery service which includes some joint injections.
Dr Rogers currently offers minor surgery and joint injections. Not everyone is suitable for the procedures offered. For further information you will need to speak and see a GP first.
Remember – all injections and minor surgery come with very minor risks which will be explained to you before your injection is given.
The GPs and nurses can provide confidential advice on sexual health matters. For a full sexual health screen / tests, please contact the bSHaW clinic (contact details below).
- bSHaW (Bucks Sexual Health and Wellbeing): 0300 303 2880 (previously known as GUM and Contraception Clinics)
- Order chlamydia postal testing kits: www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/Young-people/Young-and-Free
- Sexual Health Bucks: www.sexualhealthbucks.nhs.uk
Do you want to give up smoking? You can access support to stop smoking for FREE today.
Live Well Stay Well is a single point of access for people in Buckinghamshire that provides support with smoking cessation and making healthy lifestyle changes. You do not need to see your GP to get help.
As a Riverside Surgery patient you can refer yourself by visiting livewellstaywellbucks.co.uk or calling 01628 857311 to quit smoking today!
We are pleased to be able to offer our patients a comprehensive range of travel immunisation but please note we do not offer Yellow Fever.
Please note that you will need to book a 10 minute appointment with a nurse at least 6 weeks before travelling.
If you are determined to lose weight and fit the criteria, you can refer yourself by visiting livewellstaywellbucks.co.uk or calling 01628 857311 to start losing weight today! This is a free service and includes options such as joining a 12 week slimming world programme.