The NHS does not cover for some services under its contract and therefore non-NHS work will attract charges. Some of these services are:
- Private sick notes (sick notes required for less than 7 continuous days off work)
- Insurance forms
- Holiday cancellation forms
- Medical reports
- Fitness to travel certificates
- Private prescriptions
- Bus passes
- Some vaccinations services – notably vaccines for foreign travel.
Our fees for these services are in line with BMA approved national guidelines and are displayed in the surgery.
The Practice adheres to the BMA recommended charges for private letters. For a further list of our charges, please contact our reception or download here.
- Urgent letters will take a minimum of 48 hours to complete. The fee for urgent letters is higher than routine.
- Routine letters will take up to 2 weeks to complete.
Please note that from 11 October 2019 we have increased our Non NHS work fees. This is to cover the rise in work load.
Firearms Licence fees
As a practice, our clinicians have a conscientious objection to signing Firearms Licences. This is in line with BMA guidance: https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/ethics/ethics-a-to-z/firearms
We are able to supply a letter stating that as a practice we have a conscientious objection to signing Firearms Licences, which can be given to the police who can then organise your Firearms Licence. This will be free of charge. Please email: email@example.com if you wish to request one.